Thanksgiving is right around the corner and these pressure cooked mashed potatoes are going to give your traditional potatoes a real run for their money.
- 8 Yukon Gold Potatoes, Peeled If Desired
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
- 6 Tablespoons Salted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Sage
- Garlic Powder
- Combine your potatoes, garlic, salt, and a pinch of pepper with 3 and 1/2 cups water in your pressure cooker pot.
- Lock your lid in place. Select the pressure cooker function, and the potato function (if your pressure cooker has that setting), then pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Open the quick or natural release vent. You can open your pressure cooker once the steam subsides.
- Drain your potatoes then add them back to your pressure cooker pot.
- Pour in your milk, then mash. You can use a hand mixer or potato masher for this step.
- Once smooth, add in your parmesan and mascarpone cheeses, and mix until combined.
- In a small saucepan or skillet, melt your butter over medium heat until the butter turns slightly brown. This should take around 3-5 minutes. Make sure not to overcook.
- Stir in your sage and cook until Fragrant. About 30 seconds.
- Pour the butter/sage combo into the mashed potatoes and mix.
- Taste your potatoes and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- If you would like to make ahead, you can prepare your potatoes up to step 2 the night before Thanksgiving. Remove from the fridge a few hours before serving to soften, then finish making your potatoes by completing step 3.
- Place in an oven-safe dish, and heat until warm, stirring occasionally. If heating several hours before your meal, keep on a low heat.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at PPL Motorhomes!