Every now and then, I have an idea for a blog article which ends up really being me revisiting a checklist in my head. I know I’ve written about packing and unpacking your RV before, likely more than once. But that just stands to reason, because you guys KNOW I love to make lists!
I just take out my handy little notebook that I always keep and started revising some reminders that I’ve probably written down 1,000 times. I’m likely not telling you anything new here, so consider it a simple reminder.
Here it is. Tips For Packing and Unpacking Your RV-Directly from my handy little notebook:
- How many days will you be gone? What activities are you doing?
- Prepare for a change in weather
- Try not to over pack
- Plan or tentatively plan your meals
- Toiletries/Medicines – I have one hanging carry bag that holds all of this compactly and can hang on a hook in the bathroom
- Use collapsible storage boxes to store can goods, dishes, plastic ware, etc. in the upper cabinets
- Use zip lock bags for all small items
- I use plastic grocery bags to load everything in the RV
- Food in one
- Snacks in one
- Perishable items (fruit, bread, tortillas, chips, cookies, muffins) and keep them all together in one cabinet so you don’t forget to unpack all of them
Hopefully this jogged something in your memory to include on you next RV adventure. Feel free to share any of your lists with us like this one sent by PPL Motorhomes Customer Rick C.:
Desert Load List
eggs sausage bacon cornbeef hash bread english muffins butter mayo mustard ham milk lunchmeat sliced cheese shreaded cheese lettuce tomatoes onions potatoes sodas gatorades sour cream chips granola bars steaks burgers & buns hotdogs & buns noodles Pam spray coffee cone shaped filters sugar water beer ice small zip-lock bags large zip-lock bags paper plates cups Monsters dish soap hot-sauce tin foil Clamato juice paper towels BBQ sauce
underware socks t-shirts pants shorts light jacket heavy jacket thermoshirts boots shoes sweatshirts sleeping sweats slippers pillows blankets wide brim hat
coolant sparks plugs spray degreaser filter spray chains & locks whips rags lightbulbs gas 30′ cable spare drive belt (0823-391) spare Cat tires
firewood trailer spare tire green carpet leveling boards table chairs toolbox spare whip 2-way radios GPS BBQ Compressor trash bags coolers cordless impact small propane bottles
Things to Do:
1. clean trailer
2. check propane
3. check tire pressure (65 psi)
4. charge batteries & check levels
5. fill water tank
6. set up black tank
7. check trailer lights
8. trailer keys?
9. charge battery pack(s)
10. be sure pin is in receiver and locked
11. Credit Card vacation notification
Thanks again, Rick!